Sunday, January 7, 2007

Preparations begin...

I have officially been invited to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Dominican Republic! I will be leaving February 12th or 13th (final departure info is yet to come) and will be working as an education information technology extensionist. It's a fancy title, but the plan is to teach basic computer skills to students and teachers and help them incorporate information technology into their education. I am super excited and am starting the mountain that is preparations. (Today I conquered my closet which was a huge accomplishment.) I am going to try and keep up this blog (instead of sending mass emails) so you can all check in when convenient and see what life is like in the DR. So here goes...

1 comment:

Kosh said...

no you have official comments who hoo