Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How do I send mail to Alissa?

Good question! I'm sure you have all already started making amazing care packages and buying little treats to send me, but you are wondering where to send them to! So here is my contact info:

For REGULAR mail while I am a trainee (until the end of April I think):
Alissa Mayer, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Av Bolivar 451, Gazcue
Apartado Postal 1412
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

For EXPEDITED mail (FedEx, DHL) you have to provide them with the street address and phone number:
Alissa Mayer, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
451 Avenida Bolivar
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Telephone:809-685-4102

There are apparently lots of taxes on packages and a good chance that they might get "lost" if they look too appealing, so the Peace Corps recommends sending items that fit into padded envelopes. Addresses might change, especially post-training, but I will let you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Alissa. I will miss you so much. Mom